SAP BusinessObjects Lumira also known as Lumira is a business intelligence software developed and marketed by SAP BusinessObjects. The software is used to manipulate and visualize data.
Lumira was initially launched as SAP Visual Intelligence in 2012. The first edition of the software could only use SAP’s HANA platform as a data source. The second release expanded data sources to include CSV and Excel files. In 2013, SAP rebranded the software under the Lumira name and began offering a version of the software as a cloud computing program. In 2015, the cloud version of Lumira was absorbed into SAP’s Cloud For Analytics software, while the Lumira Server and Lumira Desktop software remained separate.
In 2016, Lumira 2.x was announced. The upcoming software is said to be able to run applications from the Design Studio 1.6 data visualization software.
- ^Rastogi, Ashutosh (June 17, 2016). “What’s New in SAP BusinessObjects Lumira 1.31”. SAP Community Network. Retrieved September 27, 2016.
- ^Nusca, Andrew (May 10, 2013). “SAP Debuts Lumira; Self-service Business Intelligence”. ZDNet. Retrieved September 27, 2016.
- ^Meyer, David (May 13, 2013). “SAP Renames Visual Intelligence “Lumira and Sticks it in the Cloud””. Gigaom. Retrieved September 27, 2016.
- ^“SAP Releases SAP’s Visual Intelligence to Keep its Data Visualization Applications Up to Par with the Rise of In-Memory Databases”. Innovative Retail Technologies. June 7, 2012. Retrieved September 27, 2016.
- ^Plaisance, Clare (July 25, 2012). “SAP Visual Intelligence: Self-service Dashboards for Business Analysts”. Bayforce. Retrieved September 27, 2016.
- ^Howson, Cindi (May 19, 2013). “SAP Steps Up Visual Analytics, Mobile BI”. InformationWeek. Retrieved September 27, 2016.
- ^Henschen, Doug (October 23, 2015). “SAP TechEd: A Closer Look at the New ‘Cloud for Analytics’ Platform”. ZDNet. Retrieved September 27, 2016.
- ^Noyes, Katherine (October 13, 2015). “SAP Unwraps Project Orca and Gives it a New Name”. Computerworld. Retrieved September 27, 2016.
- ^Allen, Kevin (August 29, 2016). “From Design Studio 1.6 to Lumira 2.0”. UXC Oxygen. Retrieved September 27, 2016.
Ofer Abarbanel is a 25 year securities lending broker and expert who has advised many Israeli regulators, among them the Israel Tax Authority, with respect to stock loans, repurchase agreements and credit derivatives. Founder of TBIL.co STATX Fund.