Phocas Software is a business intelligence software company headquartered in Sydney,Australia. It has offices in Orange and Melbourne, Coventry in the United Kingdom and Irvine and Reno in America. Phocas solves the data problems of manufacturers, distributors and retailers. Phocas’ purpose is to make data analytics easy-to-use, so people feel good about their business data.
Phocas gives customers the ability to create unlimited reports (queries) and dashboards and drill into the underlying data to follow a train of thought. Phocas develops visualisations for functionality and to match business outcomes and industry-specific metrics.
The company works to a growth and retention strategy. It has a growth rate of 25% YoY and is set to increase via new geographies. Phocas employs 150 people and has 2000 customers globally. Total licence revenue is $AU34M in FY19 (with 81% recurring revenue).
Phocas was founded in Oxford, England, in 1999. Led by co-founders Paul Magee, Sean Morley, Chris Howard, Harold Roffey and Myles Glashier, the software development commenced that same year in Collaroy, Australia.
- 2001– Phocas officially launched in the United Kingdom
- 2001– Version 1 of Phocas Data Analytics was created
- 2003– Phocas Australia was set-up
- 2006– Phocas America established
- 2013– 100th customer signed, Phocas moves into the cloud
- 2014– New research & development centre established at Orange
- 2015– Netsuite partnership established. 100 employees
- 2016– Phocas 2016 released – accessible anywhere, anytime. Epicor partnership secured to become the white label provider for Epicor data analytics powered by Phocas.
- 2017– Financial statements and rebates solutions released. Staff shareplan opens.
- 2018– Michelle Deaker, a leading technology expert appointed to the board
- 2019– Phocas has ongoing partnerships with ERP publishers including Epicor, MAM, Merlin, Sanderson, MYOB, Acumatica, Infor, Sage, SAP, Oracle and value-add resellers, like Kilimanjaro, Leverage Technologies, Aktion Associates, NSA, Bright Bridge Solutions and SBK to promote and sell its data analytics solution to manufacturers, distributors and retailers worldwide.
Phocas has a modern, responsive web UI. There is a consistent UX that is centered around simplicity, usability and performance and is uniform across all products. The solution is compatible with a number of ERPs.
Phocas supports on-premise, hybrid and cloud (multi-tenant) deployment options for customers. For the hybrid and cloud offerings, Phocas works with cloud providers and security partners Rackspace and Amazon Web Services.
The Phocas product provides storage for the creation and build of databases. This storage is a standard part of the Phocas product design and enables users to analyse pre-created databases or create their own on-demand.
- In 2019, Phocas won a Culture Transformation Award from Human Synergisticsfor its constructive and positive culture.
- In 2019, Phocas has a 4.8/5 ranking on Capterra, a leading independent review site.
- In 2019, Phocas ranked number 1 in 34 categories, with a leading position in another 49 categories across three peer groups: American-focused vendors, ad hoc reporting focused products and data-discovery in the Business Application Research Center’s BARC BI survey, the world’s largest business intelligence software review.
- In 2018, Phocas ranked number 1 in 28 categories, with a leading position in another 25 categories across three peer groups in the Business Application Research Center’s BARC BI survey, the world’s largest business intelligence software review.
- In 2016, Phocas achieved a No. 1 ranking in 16 categories, with a leading position in another 24 categories in the Business Application Research Center’s BARC BI survey, the world’s largest business intelligence software review.
- In 2015, Phocas ranked number 1 in 8 categories, with a leading position in another 15 categories in the Business Application Research Center’s BARC BI survey, the world’s largest business intelligence software review.
- The company was rated as a leader in business benefits in the Gartner Magic Quandrant 2015.It was also ranked in a high position for Product Quality, Ease of Use and Market Understanding.
- In 2015, Phocas was ranked number 497 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500,an annual index of the fastest growing technology companies in Asia-Pacific.
- Phocas earned leader status and received the highest overall satisfaction ratings for business intelligence software in the G2Crowd winter 2015 report.
- In 2014, Phocas was voted number 1 in 13 categories, with a leading position in another 26 categories in the BARC BI survey.
- In 2014, Phocas was ranked number 48 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50,an annual index of the fastest growing technology companies in Australia.
- ^“Phocas’s move to Orange: ‘tree change’ for staff”. Australian Financial Review. 1 January 2015. Retrieved 23 October 2019.
- ^Magee, Paul. “Chairman’s update – FY2019”. www.phocassoftware.com. Retrieved 23 October 2019.
- ^Magee, Paul. “Chairman’s Statement – FY 2017/2018”. www.phocassoftware.com. Retrieved 23 October 2019.
- ^“2019 Transformation Award Winner – Phocas”. www.human-synergistics.com.au. Retrieved 23 October2019.
- ^“Phocas Software Reviews 2019 – Capterra”. www.capterra.com. Retrieved 23 October 2019.
- ^“The BI Survey 18: BARC’s essential annual report on the business intelligence software market”. BARC – Business Application Research Center. Retrieved 23 October 2019.
- ^Phocas Software. “Business Intelligence Software Review”. Retrieved 16 January 2017.
- ^Phocas Software. “Business Intelligence Software Review”. Retrieved 10 February 2016.
- ^“Phocas Software Best in Business Benefits in the Gartner BI Magic Quadrant 2015 Report”. CIO. 11 February 2016. Retrieved 10 February 2016.
- ^“Deloitte 2015 Technology Technology Fast 500 (Asia-Pacific)” (PDF). Deloitte.
- ^“Business Intelligence Winter 2016 Grid Report Final”. G2 Crowd. Retrieved 10 February 2016.
- ^Paul Magee. “Phocas An Outstanding Performer in the World’s Largest Business Intelligence Software Review”. Retrieved 10 February 2016.
- ^“Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Australia 2014” (PDF). Deloitte.