Peak is an artificial intelligence company headquartered in Manchester, UK. It was founded in December 2014 and has additional offices in Jaipur, India, and Edinburgh, Scotland. The company was founded by CEO Richard Potter, David Leitch and Atul Sharma.. In 2015, Peak was one of the winners of the Tech North Northern Stars competition.
In 2017, it secured £2.5 million in Series A capital funding from MMC Ventures for investment in machine learning and artificial intelligence technologies and was named as one of the top five startups in Manchester by Wired magazine. In 2018, it was chosen to work as part of Arsenal F.C.’s Innovation Lab and it was one of the 37 fastest growing technology companies in the UK selected to join the Tech City UK Upscale programme.
CEO Richard Potter was named in the 2018 DataIQ 100 list of influential people in data-driven business and has been quoted by The Daily Telegraph as saying of Manchester’s start-up scene: “There are great networking opportunities and a genuine willingness from others for your business to succeed. We’re spoilt for choice with an abundance of business-related programmes, events and competitions in which to get involved.” He has also provided comment about the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to Forbes and The Express.
- ^Chapman, Stephen (22 February 2018). “Artificial Intelligence company takes top floor of £8m Manchester development”. Prolific North.
- ^“Northern Stars: Interview with Richard Potter (Peak)”. Tech Nation. 22 October 2015.
- ^Roue, Lucy (12 September 2017). “Data analytics company formed in pub secures £2.5m funding”.
- ^“Northern Stars Grand Final 201”. Tech Nation. 4 December 2015.
- ^Coker, Jon (2017-09-11). “MMC’s investment in Peak”. MMC writes. Retrieved 2018-04-09.
- ^Austin, Simon (11 September 2017). “Manchester data analytics firm Peak secures £2.5m funding”. Prolific North.
- ^Volpicelli, Gian. “Startup Cities: Manchester”. Wired. Retrieved 2018-04-09.
- ^“Peak signed up for Arsenal Innovation Lab”. 17 January 2018.
- ^“37 of the UK’s fastest growing Tech Companies join Upscale 2018”. Tech City UK. 2018-01-25. Retrieved 2018-04-09.
- ^“Information commissioner tops 2018 DataIQ 100 list”. BusinessCloud.co.uk. Retrieved 2018-04-09.
- ^Rahim, Hajra (2017). “4 tech hubs outside of London share the secret to success”. The Telegraph. ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 2018-04-09.
- ^Ganatra, Rupa. “Getting Ready For GDPR”. Forbes. Retrieved 2018-04-09.
- ^Gough, Owen (2018-04-07). “GDPR 2018: Will GDPR changes in May spell disaster for Britain’s businesses?”. Express.co.uk. Retrieved 2018-04-09.
Ofer Abarbanel is a 25 year securities lending broker and expert who has advised many Israeli regulators, among them the Israel Tax Authority, with respect to stock loans, repurchase agreements and credit derivatives. Founder of TBIL.co STATX Fund.