Manzil is a Canadian Islamic financial technology and services company headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. In November 2019, the company launched the first Platform Traded Fund (PTF) in Canada that complies with Sharia Law. The fund’s capital supports their home financing solutions which currently includes a Murabaha (cost-plus) and Musharaka (partnership) transaction models.
In May 2019, Manzil raised its pre-seed round of capital led by FCT Holdings Ltd., ShariaPortfolio Canada, and Henon Capital. In September 2019, Manzil was accepted into the Holt FinTech accelerator program to accelerate the commercialization of their Halal financial product offerings. In December 2019, Manzil partnered with CI Direct Investing, formerly WealthBar and now a subsidiary of CI Financial, to offer the Manzil Portfolios, Canada’s only diversified Halal portfolio offering available through a robo-advisor.
On August 19, 2020, Manzil partnered with KOHO to launch the very first Halal Prepaid Visa program in Canada. This launch is the first of its kind in Canada and will give faith based users a unique opportunity to spend and save.
Manzil is aimed at investors looking for Halal and ethical financing and investment solutions. The company is regulated by the Financial Services Regulatory Authority (FSRA – formerly FSCO) of Ontario as well as the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC). As an Islamic institution, the company cannot involve itself in the business of liquor, firearms, gambling, entertainment or tobacco industries, nor can they generate any revenues from interest (Riba). The Neobank provides Halal home financing, wealth management, and prepaid card solutions directly to its consumers or through its financial institution partners.
The company is supervised by an independent Shariah Supervisory Board.
In February 2020, Manzil was awarded the Most Promising Islamic Fintech Start-up of the Year by IFN Fintech for 2019. In November 2020, Fintech Abu Dhabi Festival honoured Manzil with the Islamic Fintech to Watch award. 
- ^“Manzil Launches First Shariah Compliant PTF On NEO Connect And DealSquare | NEO”. NEO Exchange. Retrieved 2020-12-01.
- ^“Manzil Launches First Shariah Compliant PTF on NEO Connect and DealSquare”. Bloomberg.com. 2019-11-26. Retrieved 2020-12-01.
- ^Vecina, Ephraim. “Halal mortgage provider Manzil launches investment fund”. www.mortgagebrokernews.ca. Retrieved 2020-12-01.
- ^“Manzil Launches First Shariah Compliant PTF on NEO Connect and DealSquare”. financialpost. Retrieved 2020-12-01.
- ^Ifaas (2020-01-30). “MANZIL AND IFAAS LAUNCH THE FIRST SHARIAH COMPLIANT INVESTMENT AND PROPERTY FINANCING PRODUCTS IN CANADA”. IFAAS. Retrieved 2020-12-03.
- ^“Manzil Raises $1.15M Pre-Seed Financing Round”.
- ^“FinTech-focused Holt Accelerator announces 2019 cohort | BetaKit”. 2019-08-19. Retrieved 2020-12-01.
- ^GmbH, finanzen net. “Bringing the Future of Finance to Canada – Holt Fintech Accelerator Launches 2019 Cohort”. markets.businessinsider.com. Retrieved 2020-12-01.
- ^“Canadian accelerator program accepts Islamic fintech start-up Manzil | IFN Fintech”. Retrieved 2020-12-03.
- ^Corp, CI Financial. “CI Financial extends ownership of WealthBar to 100%; Firm to be cornerstone of integrated CI Direct Investing platform”. www.newswire.ca. Retrieved 2020-12-03.
- ^“Fintech start-up Manzil launches Canada’s first Halal mortgage fund | IFN Fintech”. Retrieved 2020-12-01.
- ^“Online Wealth Management”. CI Direct Investing. Retrieved 2020-12-01.
- ^“Manzil partners with Koho to launch halal prepaid Visa card | BetaKit”. 2020-08-19. Retrieved 2020-12-01.
- ^“Manzil Partners With KOHO to Launch Halal Prepaid Visa Cards This launch is the first of its kind in Canada and will give faith based users a unique opportunity to spend and save money”. financialpost. Retrieved 2020-12-01.
- ^“World Islamic Fintech Awards 2019: Strength in diversity | IFN Fintech”. Retrieved 2020-12-01.
- ^“FinTech Abu Dhabi Festival 2020 concludes with largest edition yet”. www.zawya.com. Retrieved 2020-12-03.
- ^“Award Winners”. Fintech Abu Dhabi 2020. Retrieved 2020-12-03.