List & Label is a reporting tool for developers to enable the design and print of reports in desktop, web and cloud applications on Microsoft Windows plattforms. It supports data sources and development environments such as Microsoft Visual Studio and Embarcadero RAD Studio.
List & Label supports frameworks and programming languages such as .NET Framework/.NET Core with C Sharp, Visual Basic, Visual Basic .NET, C++, Delphi, Java and many more. Reports are designed in the interactive Designer and can then be exported to formats such as PDF, Excel, XHTML and RTF. For the custom preview format, a free viewer application is available. The Designer can be used by end-users royalty free with all paid editions of List & Label.
The product was first released in 1992 by combit. The current version is 25, released on 24 October 2019.
The Designer enables users to graphically layout the report. It offers report objects such as tables, charts, crosstabs, gauges, HTML, formatted text, barcodes, matrix codes, lines, rectangles and images. Object properties can either have a fixed value or a conditional formatting. The Designer can be extended by the developer – custom objects, functions and menu actions are supported. The application can interact with the report via the programmable object model of the report. HTML5 viewer is available.
Depending on the programming language, the product offers automatic support for data sources:
- Databases such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, IBM DB2, SQLite
- XML data, CSV
- Business objects
- Data sources that can be accessed via OLE DB, ODBC or ADO
- LINQ data and data from web services
- and more
Additionally, the product offers support for unbound data and can be extended to support other data sources via interfaces.
- Image Formats (JPEG, BMP, EMF, TIFF, PNG, SVG, HEIF, WebP)
- Document Formats: PDF, PDF/A, Word (DOCX), Excel (XLS), PowerPoint (PPTX)
- HTML, XHTML, MHTML
- Plain Text, RTF, CSV, JSON
- XML, ZIP, Email, JSON
- List & Label preview file
List & Label can be used in Windows development environments. While it competes with other products such as Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reporting Services, ActiveReports, and most notably on the Microsoft .NET platform, there are few competing products for other programming languages (e.g. Progress, Alaska Xbase++, Visual DataFlex).
- Reader’s Choice Award 2005–2008
- ^“List & Label 25 is released” (PDF).
- ^ Jump up to:ab “List & Label Programmer’s manual” (PDF).
- ^“it republik – Das umfassende Portal zu allen IT-Themen”. it-republik.de.
- ^“Reader’s Choice Award 2007: “Best Reporting Tool”, dot.net magazine”.
- ^“It republik – DotNet”. www.dotnet-magazin.de.
- ^ Jump up to:ab “Page Not Found”. Archived from the original on 18 July 2011.