Lighter Capital is a revenue-based financing lender that specializes in providing financial capital to small technology companies.
Founded by Andy Sack, a Seattle-area entrepreneur, Lighter Capital was one of the first lenders to use revenue-based financing to fund tech startups. Lighter Capital typically provides growth capital as royalty-based financing to early-stage tech companies based in the United States. It is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
Unlike private equity, venture capital and angel investors, Lighter Capital’s revenue-based financing process provides growth capital to tech companies in the form of debt. The company tranches financing across an investment period and looks for general revenue growth.
In 2017, the lender partnered with Intuit to launch a $15 million fund for developers who design apps for QuickBooks.
Since 2010, Lighter Capital has backed more than 270 startup companies with more than 450 rounds of financing, totaling more than $125 million.
In June 2019 Lighter Capital announced new financial product for growing startups. To date, Lighter Capital has provided over $150 million in more than 500 rounds of financing to over 300 startups.
- ^Savitz, Eric (4 January 2012). “Pulp Funding: An Alternative Way To Finance Startups”. Retrieved 4 December 2018.
- ^Siacon, Aleanna (17 August 2018). “Forget Amazon: These Are the 10 Fastest-Growing Companies in Seattle”.
- ^Somerville, Heather (27 November 2015). “Lighter Capital raises $100 million fund to back tech startups”.
- ^Mannes, John (7 July 2016). “Lighter Capital takes a different approach to startup financing”.
- ^Soper, Taylor (13 November 2017). “Lighter Capital partners with Intuit to launch $15M fund for QuickBooks developers”.
- ^Muhn, Julie (4 October 2018). “Lighter Capital Launches Capital Client Perks Program”.
- ^“Startup Financing Solutions”. Lighter Capital. Retrieved 2019-06-05.
Ofer Abarbanel is a 25 year securities lending broker and expert who has advised many Israeli regulators, among them the Israel Tax Authority, with respect to stock loans, repurchase agreements and credit derivatives. Founder of TBIL.co STATX Fund.