Insureon is an independent marketplace for online delivery of small business insurance. Headquartered in Chicago, Insureon is licensed in 50 states and specializes in numerous industries, from IT professionals to restaurants. Launched in 2011, Insureon was the first InsurTech distributor, as its digital platform allows small-business owners direct access to insurance quotes, providing an option for digitally inclined buyers. As of 2015, Insureon has raised than $31M in funding led by Oak HC/FT and Accretive, a venture capitalist firm specializing in financial technology companies.
In 2014, Insureon acquired Insurance Noodle, a wholesale insurance broker owned by Willis Group Holdings.
In 2019, the board named a new CEO, Dan Kazan, who joined the company and its Board of Directors from Rewards Network. Kazan succeeds company co-founder and previous CEO Ted Devine, who led the company since it was founded in 2011. Insureon also recruited several other leaders, including COO Jeana Deninger, who joined the company after several years in leadership positions at CoverHound; Steve Lorenc, Chief Product Officer, who has more than 25 years of experience building technology products in various industries; Jeff Kroeger, as EVP of Strategy and Development, who brings more than a decade of experience in the small business commercial space to the team; and Jeanette Johnson as the vice president of people.
- ^Carpenter, John. “Insureon, Beefing Up Its Tech, Aims To Disrupt Small Biz Insurance From The Inside Out”. Forbes. Retrieved 2020-03-16.
- ^Graham, Meg. “Insureon rakes in $31 million to expand tech platform”. chicagotribune.com. Retrieved 2020-03-16.
- ^“Insureon to Acquire Insurance Noodle Wholesale Site from Willis”. www.insurancejournal.com. Retrieved 2020-03-16.
- ^“Insureon appoints new CEO”. Crain’s Chicago Business. 2019-04-04. Retrieved 2020-03-16.
- ^“Insureon Has a New CEO”. Coverager – Insurance news and insights. 2019-04-05. Retrieved 2020-09-01.