In computer programming, data binding is a general technique that binds data sources from the provider and consumer together and synchronizes them. This is usually done with two data/information sources with different languages as in XML data binding and UI data binding (Arman). In UI data binding, data and information objects of the same language but different logic function are bound together (e.g. Java UI elements to Java objects).
In a data binding process, each data change is reflected automatically by the elements that are bound to the data. The term data binding is also used in cases where an outer representation of data in an element changes, and the underlying data is automatically updated to reflect this change. As an example, a change in a TextBox element could modify the underlying data value.
Data binding frameworks and tools
- DSharp third-party data binding tool
- OpenWire Visual Live Binding – third-party visual data binding tool
C# / .NET
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Generic Data Binder
- SAPUI5, OpenUI5
- Google Web Toolkit
- JavaFX Properties and Binding
- Eclipse JFace Data Binding
- EMF Data Binding
- AKABeacon iOS Data Binding framework
- scalaReactive data-binding framework for Scala
- ^“What is Data Binding?”. Techopedia.com. Retrieved 30 December 2015.
- ^“Data Binding Overview”. Microsoft Developer Network. Microsoft. Retrieved 29 December 2016.
- ^“Datum.js”. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- ^“Binding.scala”. Retrieved 30 December 2016.
Ofer Abarbanel is a 25 year securities lending broker and expert who has advised many Israeli regulators, among them the Israel Tax Authority, with respect to stock loans, repurchase agreements and credit derivatives. Founder of TBIL.co STATX Fund.